Working for Ubiquity Press
Ubiquity Press is more than a publisher – we’re also engineering new technology that will change and improve the future of research communication worldwide. We’re a young, dynamic company, based in vibrant Fitzrovia between UCL and London’s West End, and can offer the excitement and advantages of working for a start-up.
We’re looking for talented people with broad technical skills, who have a research background and interests, and who genuinely want to have an impact on the direction of the company. We have a wide focus: from open access publishing including research data and software to solutions for the developing world.
The Role: Software Engineer
In this full-time position, you will work on a range of projects, and will be involved in all stages of the software lifecycle: from design through development, testing and deployment to maintenance. An initial focus will be working on an exciting project to prototype and test a new system for enabling communication between universities and data publishers.
- Computer Science degree or equivalent skills and experience
- Strong capabilities with one of: Java, Python, Ruby, C or C++
- Solid grounding in UNIX/Linux
- Experience with a versioning system such as Git, Mercurial, or SVN
- Experience with test-driven development and unit testing
- Experience with a continuous integration system
Additional experience in the following areas would be beneficial:
- HTML and CSS
- Research data management
- Semantic web
- Agile development
To apply, please send us a CV along with a covering letter.
Closing date: Friday, 9th November 2012.