Publish with us
If you are interested in starting or transferring an existing journal, we would be happy to explore this with you. Please also feel free to get in touch you are a university press, library or repository and would like to discuss the possibility of sharing resources and expertise through collaboration.
As the publisher, Ubiquity Press offers:
- Hosting and technical management of the journal website
- Online editorial management system
- Layout and production of articles
- Final proofing of articles
- Submission of articles to discovery services
- Journal development and marketingAs members of CrossRef, we assign DOIs to our articles, ensuring that they are easy to cite and find, both now and in the long term. We also provide CitedBy linking, so that authors and readers can navigate to other papers citing a given article, and CrossCheck to prevent plagiarism.
Our comprehensive publishing service leaves editors to focus on:
- Journal scope
- Editorial policy
- Peer review and quality threshold
- Initial editing (where necessary)
- Translation (where necessary)
Publishing with Ubiquity Press offers a number of benefits, including:
- Rapid publication on acceptance. All Ubiquity Press journals can publish papers immediately online, resulting in increased and earlier citations and recognition for authors.
- Use of the Ubiquity Press online editorial management system, which handles author submissions, peer review, and manuscript handling in a professional and efficient manner.
- High visibility and citation advantage associated with open access to articles and inclusion in online indexing services."Studies suggest that both the impact of research and citation rates are improved where the full text of papers are made openly available."Malcolm Read, Executive Secretary, Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), UK. Open Access for UK Research
We actively support such presses with making the transition to digital and open access publishing, and are forming long-term partnerships where publishing services are shared within and amongst institutions.
Examples of this are our eBook publishing arrangements with UCL Arts and Humanities Publications and Norvik Press, and in journal publishing with University of Nairobi Press. The first publications from these collaborations will become available in early 2013.